How many stockings will be over your fireplace this year? For Souls Harbour Rescue Mission, it’s at least 600 – they’re going to need a larger mantle!
As a Heritage Gas customer, Souls Harbour has found a special place in the hearts and minds of the entire Heritage Gas family, so for this blog we want to share the Souls Harbour Rescue Mission “Operation Christmas Stocking” program
These stockings filled with small gifts will be distributed to the Souls Harbour Rescue Mission’s guests over the holidays.
Here’s how you can help – it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Buy or knit a large stocking (available at dollar stores)
- Collect new stocking stuffers for the stocking
- Pack your stockings full to the brim
Stocking Stuffer Ideas:
- Instant Coffee, Tea, Creamer & Sugar Packets
- Chocolate, Gum, Hot Chocolate Packet, Cup-a-Soup
- Notepad & Pen, Sewing Kit, Comb, Washcloth
- Lip balm, Lozenges, Hotel Sized Toiletry Kit
- Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Deodorant
- Fun Surprises: Slinky, Yo-yo, Silly Putty
These are just ideas; you can add your own! Remember, this will be the only gift that many people will receive over the holidays. This year, Soul’s Harbour Rescue is focusing on adult stockings, as the giving has been significant (and the need fulfilled) for children’s stockings.
Soul’s Harbour Rescue Mission asks that you not include the following in the stockings:
- Gift Cards or Certificates
- Bus Tickets
- Winter Gear
However, should you wish to give any of the items on the “do not pack” list, please package them separately for distribution.
Please drop off stockings by Saturday, December 23rd at Soul’s Harbour Rescue Mission, 5568 Cunard Street in Halifax. For more information about Souls Harbour, check out their website at www.shrm.ca.