What to Expect After Signing an Expression of InterestThis form is used to evaluate the feasibility of providing you natural gas service. If Heritage Gas can provide service to you meeting the required economics and prior to next year’s heating season the below process will ensue. If it is determined that we cannot provide service, your EOI will remain on file and you will be provided with an update when plans are in place to expand in your area. Download EOI form here.
The EOI Customer Process:A Heritage Gas customer service representative will contact you to schedule a site visit at your home/business with our technical planner. This visit will determine your service line routing, meter location and identify any customer contributions (if applicable) in accordance with Heritage Gas policies. You will then sign the Heritage Gas Permit & Locate form allowing Heritage Gas to apply for the required permits.
You will need to select a qualified HVAC contractor to provide you with a quote for the purchase and installation of your new heating equipment. If you require assistance in selecting a contractor:
- Refer to the list of our Authorized Dealers found on our website
- Or request assistance from a sales representative
- Signing the Distribution Service Agreement (DSA) confirming you agree with the details of your natural gas service and the service rules that govern the way Heritage Gas operates. Open the Natural Gas Distribution Service Rules here.
- Submitting your refundable $500 service line deposit
- Signing off on the Customer Contribution agreeing to pay the applicable charges
- Discussing when you will require natural gas service*
*The service line installation process can take 6 to 10 weeks allowing for project design, permit application and installation scheduling. This timeframe can increase significantly if there are complications with the service line routing. As your given timeline nears, it is important that you ensure the installation area is clear of any obstacles, clutter or debris. This will help reduce installation delays.Upon completion of your service line installation, contact your contractor to:
- Complete all natural gas piping required inside your home/business
- Install your new natural gas equipment
- Arrange for Heritage Gas to install and activate the natural gas meter