Rebates & Promotions
Equipment Rebates for New Customers
Heritage Gas is pleased to offer rebates of up to $2,000 to connect your homes to Natural Gas.
About the Program
Sign up for Natural Gas and receive equipment rebates that make choosing natural gas even more efficient and affordable. The rebates apply to the first 150 eligible customers who activate their equipment by December 31, 2017. Equipment must be purchased, installed and activated in 2017. To receive funds from this program, all rebate applications, including proof of purchase and installation must be received by Heritage Gas for processing by February 28, 2018.
- Must be a new Heritage Gas residential or commercial customer (< 500 GJ’s)
- Must activate a new natural gas heating system or convert an existing furnace/boiler, domestic hot water heater, or fireplace that previously used furnace oil, propane, electricity, wood or another energy source to natural gas by December 31, 2017
- The amount of the rebate must be repaid in full if the customer receiving the rebate deactivates from natural gas within 12 months of the activation date
- New construction residential homes and commercial buildings are not eligible • Eligible heating equipment must be purchased on or after January 1, 2017
Equipment and installation (materials and labour) of natural gas space heating, water heating and professional fees (engineering or architectural) associated directly with the conversion. Purchased, or ‘lease to own’ equipment will qualify.
All equipment installations will be eligible for a rebate of 25% of the approved pre-tax cost of the conversion, up to the maximum amount identified in the table below:
Note: Replacement, conversion and installation of a new combination boiler (which is providing heat and hot water) will be eligible for a maximum rebate of $1,500.
Continue here for additional residential savings and rebates with Efficiency Nova Scotia.
For Equipment Rebate Application click here.
Appliance Rebates for Existing Customers
Existing Residential customers are eligible for rebates on newly purchased and activated natural gas appliances that replace existing appliances not currently burning natural gas, as identified below.
Note: Replacement, conversion and installation of a new combination boiler (which provides heat
and hot water) will be eligible for a maximum rebate of $1500
Details of the program:
- Purchase and activate new natural gas appliances that replace existing wood, pellet, oil, electric, or propane appliances.
- Eligible appliances are natural gas ranges, fireplaces, hot water heaters, and clothes dryers.
- New appliances must be purchased and activated on natural gas between April 1, 2017 – December 31, 2017 to qualify for a rebate.
Click here for more information on our Appliance Replacement Rebate Program and Application.