Equipment Rebates for New Customers
Sign up for natural gas and receive equipment rebates that make choosing natural gas even more efficient and affordable.
Download the 2019 Heating Equipment Rebate Application.
Note: Applicants will be unable to complete the form in the browser screen. Please download or print to fill out the application.
- This program is for existing homes only and is not available for new construction.
- Must be a new Heritage Gas residential customer and use less than 500 GJ’s of natural gas per year.
- Must not have previously activated natural gas on the property.
- Must replace or convert an existing furnace/boiler, domestic hot water heater or fireplace that previously used furnace oil, propane, electricity, wood or another energy source to natural gas or install a new natural gas fireplace
- Fireplace conversions will be reimbursed 100% of the conversion cost, up to $500.
- Rebates are not available for the replacement of previously installed natural gas equipment.
- Both purchased or ‘lease to own’ equipment will qualify.
- Eligible applicants must sign a Distribution Service Agreement and Customer Authorization Form by October 31, 2019.
- A copy of the invoice(s) for the purchase of the equipment must accompany the rebate application.
- Eligible equipment must be purchased between January 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020.
- Applicants must be willing to receive an inspection to ensure the equipment was installed.
- Rebate applications and supporting documents must be complete and emailed or postmarked within 60 days of the activation date of the equipment.
- The amount of the rebate must be repaid in full if the converted equipment does not use natural gas for a minimum of 24 months after the activation date.
Equipment and installation (materials and labour) of natural gas space heating, water heating and professional fees (engineering or architectural) associated directly with the conversion. Purchased, or ‘lease to own’ equipment will qualify.
Visit the Rebate Application Terms and Conditions page for full rebate details.
Free Service Line Installation
Heritage Gas will install a service line to most homes for free when you convert a furnace, boiler, hot water heater or fireplace to natural gas.
Service line will be installed at no cost to a maximum of 20 metres as measured from your property line to your home. Heritage Gas will determine the closest suitable location for installation.